Venture Centre is hiring a Project Lead in Tauranga... we are a bit excited and we hope you are too!
We’re hiring a Project Lead to help us deliver on our mission to equip and guide entrepreneurs with the skills and knowledge they need to grow their businesses. This is a part time, one year position.
About the Role
Our goal is to make Venture Centre entrepreneurs and small business owners’ first choice of support network for knowledge and connections. By delivering epic events for motivated operators seeking to increase the digitisation of their business, you will help Venture Centre foster and serve our community.
As someone plugged-in to the local entrepreneurial scene, you are passionate about supporting small businesses increase their digitisation. You love meeting new people, operators, providers and other advisors across the ecosystem and are a known ‘connector’. You can quickly identify engaging event speakers, the best venues and suppliers to deliver engaging events this community wants and needs. You have a passion for helping people be their best selves and interest and knowledge around business building and digital tools and services.
Working closely with both our Team leader and our small team you will deliver Venture Centre’ overall strategy to equip and guide entrepreneurs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the digital enablement programme for small businesses PoweringON programme .
- Own the digital assessment tool and content, encouraging local businesses to complete
- Engage with local businesses to build an exciting calendar of relevant workshops for small businesses (This includes creating event timelines, finding speakers and developing the content, curating attendee lists, negotiating terms of engagement, managing budgets and engaging in post-event follow-ups with attendees to make each event better than the last.)
- Build relationship with local digital service providers
- Support small businesses in prioritising their digital enablement actions, reviewing their assessment, attending workshops and providing connections.
- Take a proactive role in developing efficient system processes to deliver on the outcomes sought from all programmes across the Venture Centre operations, contributing to Venture Centre wider mission and purpose.
What we are looking for:
Our focus is on your key skills and attributes.. are you:
- A People person. Our organisation is all about people… if you enjoy building relationships, engaging with a variety of individuals from all walks of life, are keen to help people on their way to success and love to know how you make a difference, let’s talk!
- Execution-focused, organised and detail-orientated: A project is the sum of many parts, and you take pride in perfecting each little part. You are a checklister and love the satisfaction of shipping projects with precision, with an ability to be running multiple projects.
- Great communicator: You have strong verbal and written communication skills. You’re as comfortable preparing a Canva presentation as you are an email marketing campaign and know how to tweak tone to suit the audience.
- Comfortable with Technology: You’re familiar with different cloud-based software programs for managing email newsletters, spreadsheets and budgeting, website creation software, Zoom. Social media marketing skills are a bonus. You enjoy learning new technologies and keep up to date with what is new.
- Analytical: Comfortable analysing data, building insights and action plans on the back of these.
- Committed to diversity and inclusion: We believe wholeheartedly in the importance of developing a diverse and inclusive community in Tauranga Moana. You care about this too, and will consistently deliver services and programmes that attract and serve a diverse community of founders & operators.
- Entrepreneur empathy: Experience in either creating a company yourself, even if it was not successful, or working with founders at the earliest stages, is a plus. You recognise the difference between creating a company from scratch is a very different mindset to optimising something already established.
You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out – and set you apart – especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
Working at Venture Centre:
This is a part-time role based in our Tauranga office and reporting to Pascale Hyboud-Peron Venture Centre co-founder and director. It is estimated to be a 25hour/week role, and the structure of the 25 hours is to be defined with the right candidate.
We’re looking for someone who is as passionate as we are about building purposeful, sustainable businesses that do good for our community. You must have a high ownership mentality and the ability to take responsibility for goals and outcomes.
An integral part of your role is working with the Venture Centre team to help them achieve their outcomes, while also liaising with all programme stakeholders. You will own and communicate the vision and results of the PoweringON programme.
You need to be comfortable managing your time and output in a flexible environment where you are encouraged to establish the patterns that suit you best.
Venture Centre offers:
- Flexible working: Whether it’s working from home or leaving early to pick up the kids from daycare or school.
- Open communication: we work together to co-construct and design and tweak. We dont let things unaddressed and love feedback that makes us grow
- The opportunity to leave your mark and make a difference in the community.
We believe that building a diverse and inclusive team is critical to Venture Centre’s success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
About Venture Centre
Venture Centre is an entrepreneur support organisation launched in 2014 with the goal of enabling enterprising people in the Bay of Plenty to start their entrepreneurial journey and to support their progress. We deliver one on one, programmes and events designed to deliver on our mission to increase equality of opportunities through helping people make their way to solve the big problems around us.
Keen to help increase Personal Growth & Development – Community Resilience – Global Change? We look forward to receiving your CV and reading why this role is for you from you!
Salary: negotiable, related to experience and capacity
Location: Tauranga Bay of Plenty
Closing: 11:59pm, 6th August NZST Role posted: 27th July 202
Questions? Want to apply? Send to: